History and Purpose
Where We Started and Where We're Going
Pastor C. R. Williams
Central Baptist School was founded as a ministry of the Central Baptist Church in 1962 by Dr. C. R. Williams. The school is dedicated to the training of boys and girls spiritually as well as academically to serve our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. All school policies are determined and supervised by the Central Baptist Church.
The purpose of Central Baptist School is to equip students so that they may become more like our Savior and vessels fit for His use. Our motives are to win lost students to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ, to teach saved students convictions and standards found in God's Word, and to offer an excellent academic program upon which students may build for the rest of their lives.
Christian Philosophy of Education
Central Baptist School holds that the Bible is the infallible, divine Word of God and that salvation by faith in Christ is the initial step in the Christian life. The Bible clearly states that spiritual growth into the image of Christ (Romans 8:29) is the work of the Holy Spirit (II Corinthians 3:18). This growth begins with the initial act of saving faith and continues throughout life. The Holy Spirit makes the Christian conscious of Biblical instruction for a holy life which fulfills both God's moral law and high law of love (Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 13:8-10; Galatians 5:14). The result is a life consecrated unto God and separated from the world.
It is therefore the spiritual objective of Central Baptist School to provide an environment conducive to the spiritual growth and development of young people who are not yet mature Christians. All of the activities of the Christian must be subordinated to the glory of God who indwells us (I Corinthians 8:9,12,13; 10:32). The Christian will endeavor to avoid practices which cause the loss of sensitivity to the spiritual needs of the world and loss of the Christian's physical, mental, or spiritual well-being
(I Corinthians 9:27). A standard of conduct based on the following Biblical imperatives is necessary to provide such an environment.
To accomplish our objective, Central Baptist School will seek:
- To teach the Bible as God's inspired Word and to foster attitudes of love and respect toward it. To teach the basic doctrines of the Bible.
- To lead the pupil to a decision of confessing Christ as Saviour and Lord.
- To foster a desire to know and obey the will of God as revealed in the Scriptures.
- To equip the student to carry out the will of God daily.
- To impart an understanding of each Christian's place in the church and his obligation to obey the Great Commission in spreading the Gospel of Christ.
- To develop the mind of Christ toward Godliness and sin and to teach the student how to have victory over sin.
- To encourage the development of self-discipline and responsibility in the student based on respect for and submission to God and all other authority.
- To help the student develop for himself a Christian world view by integrating life and studies with the Bible.